ETOBICOKE HOCKEY LEAGUE & GREATER TORONTO CAPITALS Players and Families,
All registered members with the Etobicoke Hockey League or Greater Toronto Capitals for the 2021-2022 Season. As a condition of participating in any sanctioned hockey activities (on or off ice), including house league games and practices, Select / GTHL games and practices, etc. the GTHL has established a policy requiring the following persons to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 1st, proof of vaccinations which must be submitted prior to the start of the season: Further details on who and how to submit proof of vaccination will be provided in the near future.
• Players born in 2009 or earlier;
• Game Officials (referees, linespersons, timekeepers);
• GTHL Arena Personnel (incl. rink attendants, officiating supervisors, etc...);
• GTHL Officials (Directors and staff of the GTHL);
• Organization Officials (Directors and staff of Clubs, Divisions and their members, and House Leagues);
• Team Officials (coaches, trainers and managers) ;
• Volunteers serving in any other capacity.
The policy does NOT apply to players born in 2010 or later.
The GTHL will comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and provide accommodation up to the point of undue hardship to any Affected Person who is unable to be vaccinated for substantiated medical reasons and /or on grounds protected under the OHRC.
Any Affected Person who has not been granted an accommodation and who has not received their completed series of an Accepted COVID-19 Vaccine by October 17, or who has not disclosed their vaccination status by that date, will no longer be eligible to participate in any Sanctioned Activity until such time as they present satisfactory evidence that they are fully vaccinated.